About Pipeliners Podcast
The Source for Pipeline Industry Education
Launched in November 2017, the Pipeliners Podcast set in motion a new method of providing pipeline industry education to pipeline professionals through the emerging podcasting platform.
The weekly podcast is released every Tuesday. Host Russel Treat welcomes industry-leading experts and insightful guests to share their knowledge about specific pipeline topics in an informative, conversational setting.
Each episode covers topics that include alarm management, compliance, control room management, cybersecurity, HMI and SCADA, inspection, integrity, leak detection, measurement, pipeline history, pipeline technology, regulatory issues, and more.
- Listen to the Pilot Episode of the Pipeliners Podcast to learn more about the inspiration for the Pipeliners Podcast.
About the Host: Russel Treat
Russel Treat is an industry leader, software entrepreneur, and trusted subject matter expert specializing in oil and gas pipeline operations, custody transfer measurement, leak detection, SCADA systems, automation, and control room management.
Russel has gained extensive knowledge of pipeline operations through 30+ years of real industry experience. An engineer by education and a software entrepreneur by avocation, Russel has started seven companies and been involved in more than 40 start-ups as a consultant or advisor.
Russel launched the Pipeliners Podcast in 2017 to deliver unique insight and informative conversation about pipeline operations to help pipeliners grow and advance in their field.
Pipeliners Podcast: Industry Guests Providing Pipeline Industry Education
The Pipeliners Podcast reached the 200 episode milestone in October 2021. Over the course of 200+ episodes, the podcast has featured notable industry guests, including the following:
- Skip Elliott (Former PHMSA Administrator)
- Alan Mayberry (PHMSA Associate Administrator for Pipeline Safety)
- Cliff Johnson (President of PRCI)
- Ryan Sitton (Former Commissioner of Texas Railroad Commission)
- Thure Cannon (President of Texas Pipeline Association)
- Mandy Gunasekara (Former Senior Policy Advisor for the EPA)
- Steve Allen (Executive Director of the Pipeline Safety Division for Energy Worldnet)
Pipeliners Podcast: Sponsors and Underwriters
Since 2020, the Pipeliners Podcast has been supported by underwriter Babst Calland. Since 2019, the individual podcast episodes have been supported by a collection of outstanding companies that are committed to advancing the pipeline industry. Our sponsors include the following:
- Burns & McDonnell
- EnerACT Energy Services, Inc.
- Energy Worldnet
- EnerSys Corporation
- Gas Certification Institute
- P.I. Confluence