Global Executive with accountability for the growth of multimillion-dollar existing businesses and new business units. Skilled in operations, sales, business, marketing, and domestic/global management, and managing senior-level technology teams.
Experienced in both domestic and international markets and posted in Singapore for 6 Asia country companies, including China, India, Indonesia, Korea, and Malaysia. Worldwide recognition in development and advocacy of climate change and carbon policies, e.g., Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage (CCUS), 45Q CCUS/ EOR policy, etc.
Global manager who guides multiple business units through change while communicating with diverse stakeholders, external clients, and investors to create sustainable and profitable growth. Captures new opportunities by assessing market trends, building, motivating, and educating high-performing teams, and evaluating technology and business portfolio options.
Revitalizes operations and business models for the energy transition marketplace. Leverages strong strategic planning, tactical client execution, and relationship-building collaboration for growth in energy markets challenged by lower carbon future.
Technology Subject Matter Expert (SME) within energy and power, petrochemicals technology, and investment-business development marketplace. SME in CCUS, petrochemical, and industrial gases industry; selected for National Coal Council, Board of the Energy and Environment Foundation North Dakota, and EPA Science Advisory Board.
• Industry business executive at Praxair, Battelle, and Department of Energy with National Laboratories management interaction and leadership as DOE Assistant Secretary of Energy. Recognized in domestic and global companies/trade associations; served in specific Subject Matter Expert testimonies in the House and Senate, industrial and opinion forums.
• Grew international sales and operations teams in Asia for Praxair. Expanded Praxair’s global footprint with $1.1B new investments in 6 new countries in Asia, South America, and Europe; generated sales growth of $850M/year.
• Grew Praxair domestic Hydrogen business by 200% over 5-year period to $450M/year concentrated in USGC.
• Developed PEMEX’s 1st large-scale on shore enhanced oil recovery project for nitrogen injection in southern Mexico with $150M investment.
• Established initial Praxair Asia HQ in Singapore and created regional country management team.
• Established and led Carbon management business unit while at Battelle.
• Business Manager of alternative energy business joint venture between Texaco and Praxair in gasification.
• Served as Presidential appointee as Assistant Secretary of Energy – Office of Fossil Fuel. Forged National Laboratory and Interagency collaborations with DOI, EPA, OMB, and other federal agencies; led interdisciplinary research between industry, academia, and strategic industry partners (over 50 Fortune 500 companies) in O&G, petrochemicals, and electric power.
• Directed DOE Office of Fossil Energy’s policy leadership, project management, and research and development of department’s coal, oil & gas, electric power, and advanced technologies programs.
• Chaired sessions and continues in key role with International Energy Agency (IEA) and Energy Information Agency (EIA).
• Led US Strategic Petroleum Reserve and National Energy Technologies Laboratories operations and business management
• Serves as Board Member of the Energy and Environment Research Center in North Dakota.