Gary Kenney has been in the oil & gas industry since 1977 when he joined Aramco based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Have been the Director of Technical Investigations into a number of explosions and fires that have occurred in industry including:
1) Several incidents within Aramco itself over the period 1977-87,
2) The Piper Alpha Offshore Platform that resulted in 167 fatalities and total loss of the Offshore platform in 1988.
3) The Longford Gas Plant Explosion and Fires that resulted in total loss of natural gas supply to the state of Victoria and city of Melbourne in 1998,
4) The Varanus Island gas pipeline rupture, explosion and fires that resulted in the loss of natural gas supply to the state of Western Australia in 2008, and
5) The BP Macondo / Deepwater Horizon drilling platform explosion and fires in 2010