In this month’s episode of the Pipeline Technology Podcast, sponsored by Pipeline & Gas Journal, host Russel Treat is joined by Richard Stewart of Crescent Midstream to discuss the challenges of developing an offshore CO2 transportation and sequestration system.
Offshore CO2 Sequestration Show Notes, Links, and Insider Terms:
- Richard Stewart is the Vice President, Carbon Neutrality and CCS Ventures for Crescent Midstream. Connect with Richard on LinkedIn.
- Crescent Midstream is an independent energy company that provides safe, reliable crude oil services in the Gulf of Mexico and Louisiana. Crescent is managed by a seasoned team of midstream experts with significant expertise and a proven track record of operating and optimizing midstream assets.
- Pipeline & Gas Journal is the essential resource for technology, industry information, and analytical trends in the midstream oil and gas industry. For more information on how to become a subscriber, visit pgjonline.com/subscribe.
- EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) is an independent organization within the federal U.S. government designed to take measures to protect people and the environment
- Right-of-Way is a strip of land encompassing buried pipelines and other natural gas equipment allowing them to be permanently located on public and/or private land to provide natural gas service.
- Decarbonization is the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions through the use of low carbon power sources, achieving a lower output of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere.
- Carbon intensity is a measure of how clean our electricity is. It refers to how many grams of carbon dioxide (CO2) are released to produce a kilowatt hour (kWh) of electricity. Electricity that’s generated using fossil fuels is more carbon intensive, as the process by which it’s generated creates CO2 emissions.
- Emissions means the release of greenhouse gasses and/or their precursors into the atmosphere over a specified area and period of time.
- Carbon Capture, Usage and Storage (CCUS) is a technology that can capture and make effective use of the high concentrations of CO₂ emitted by industrial activities. Consequently, it has a key role to play in decarbonization and in addressing the challenge of global climate change.
Offshore CO2 Sequestration Full Episode Transcript:
The full episode transcript will be uploaded later this week.